November 23, 2021
Dear Families, Friends, Staff, and Residents of Thompson House,
Guidance from the CDC, CMS, and D.A.I.L. has changed. The following process will be followed for all visitors to the residents at Thompson House:
- Visits at Thompson House will no longer need to be scheduled ahead of time. If you are planning on taking the resident out, please call to make arrangements so that they can be ready to go outside.
- The visitor will be screened by staff member in the front foyer, temperature taken, policy and questions read and indicated on the screening log by staff member. NO ANTIGEN TESTING WILL OCCUR. Symptomatic visitors and those meeting quarantine requirements will not be allowed to enter.
- The visitor will be asked to complete the “Taking a Resident Out of Thompson House” form.
- The visitor and resident have the option of leaving the facility, meeting outside, or meeting inside. If inside, the visitor will be guided to room 109 for visits with downstairs residents, the Bistro for upstairs residents. Any further inside visitors will be accompanied to the Activity Room downstairs. ALL VISITORS WILL BE INSTRUCTED HOW TO CONTACT THE FRONT DESK BY DIALING “0” FROM THE PHONE.
- The resident will be taken to visitation room by staff member, and again both visitor and resident will be instructed in how to reach the front desk.
- The visit will not be supervised.
- Upon completion of the visit, visitor and resident will call or come to the front desk for check out. The visitor will exit out the door and the resident will be assisted, if necessary, to their room or preferred area. The visitor will leave the facility and the resident will return to their preferred activity.
- ALL VISITORS AND RESIDENTS MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE A 6 FOOT RADIUS BETWEEN THEM. If too many visits are requested at the same time, visits will be on a first come, first served basis. THERE ARE NO TIME LIMITS ON VISITS, however you may be asked to consider the time of the visit if there are others waiting.
Please ask when you have questions. This is an evolving process and these policies continue to change. Thank you for your understanding.
Dane A. Rank, Administrator