September 10, 2021
Dear Families and Friends,
First, thank you for understanding our recent decision to pause in-person visits following reports of COVID-19 outbreaks in two other area nursing facilities.
That said, we know full well the importance of in-person visits to both our residents and you, their families and friends. Accordingly, we are resuming in-person, no contact, visitation starting Tuesday, September 14, in the lower-level Visitors Room.
- Residents may receive one 30-minute visit per day, two persons per visit maximum.
- Appointments must be made one day prior to your visit. Visits are available Monday through Friday. If you’d like to visit Mom or Dad on Tuesday, say, you must call to make that appointment on the Monday prior, between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Anyone with a fever of 100° or higher may not enter the building.
- All visitors will be asked a series of questions relating to recent travel and personal contacts; their temperatures will be taken and recorded.
- Visitors must wear cloth or surgical masks, may not touch the resident in any way, and must stay at least 6’ from the resident. Residents will be masked if feasible.
- All visits will be visually monitored by Thompson House staff.
- Compassionate/End of Life Visits remain unchanged.
Video visits via tablets or phones remain an option, subject to in-house device availability.
Your encouragement throughout these trying times has seen us through thus far with zero incidents of COVID-19 transmission to residents. Your continued support and cooperation will help us keep it that way.
Dane A. Rank, Administrator